Monday, August 11, 2008

Play Date

Blaine had his first play date today. I guess it was really my coupon clipping date instead of his play date, but it was fun none-the-less. Amy Mendez and I have been trying to save some money by clipping coupons and coordinating them with items that are already on sale at certain stores. It's really a lot of fun. Todd and Michael both make fun of us, but one day they'll realize just how much money we're saving them.
Michael and Amy have two children. Jayden will be three in November, and Kelso is only two months older than Blaine. Things started out a little slow for the kid's portion of this date. Jayden was taking a nap when we arrived. About the time she woke up, Kelso decided he needed a nap. As Kelso was waking up, Blaine thought he might as well follow suit, so he went down for a nap in Kelso's bed. Before we left, they were all awake and happy. It was really funny to watch them all playing. Jayden seems to be fascinated with babies, so she entertains quite well. Kelso is crawling all over the place and pulling up on everything, which is also funny to watch. And Blaine, well, he just sits back and watches everything as he rocks on his hands and knees just wishing he could join in the fun. I don't think it will be too much longer. He really wants to be mobile and is quickly acquiring the strength and skills he needs to be that way!
Here are a couple of pictures of the three of them today. Unfortunately my camera batteries died, so I only got a couple. I think Amy has some that are better. I will try to post them soon.



1 comment:

Natalie said...

I enjoy coupons myself. It is the fun of the hunt...seeing just how much you can stretch your grocery budget and have great food for your family. Those guys laugh but they are proud. Since your kinda new at this I'll tell you the truth about playdates...they are just as much for the mommas!