Monday, August 18, 2008

Carrots are Orange

And so are the babies who eat them!!

Blaine has been having carrots for dinner for the last few nights. Last night he was hungry before Todd got home, so I went ahead and fed him. When he was done eating I let him play with his bowl and spoon. He was very funny. He kept looking at his spoon like "How do I work this thing?"

Then he decided he would put it in his mouth, except he missed and almost shoved it in his ear.

Once he finally got it in his mouth, he was very proud of himself.

He continued to play with his spoon while I finished cooking dinner.

Then he started to get a little fussy. I think it was because he had finally gotten all of the carrots off of his spoon. He kept grunting at me like he wanted more. I'm sure you're all thinking, 'If he wanted more, why didn't you just give him more.' He wasn't actually hungry, and considering he is still nursing just as much now as he was before we began solid foods, he certainly didn't NEED any more. I mean you have all seen him, right? Poor thing is so malnourished looking! Anyway, by the end of it all, he was in a full pout about having an empty spoon!
I couldn't resist taking a picture! However, you'll be happy to know that as soon as I cleaned him up and got him out of his highchair, he was back to his happy self!

No comments: