Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Peas

Blaine had peas for dinner tonight. It was his first real baby food. Everything up to this point has just been cereal. We were hoping for some good faces, but this kid seems to like anything you put in his mouth.

He's like a little bird. Any time you come close to him with a spoon, he opens his mouth. If you don't get it there quickly enough, he grunts and leans toward the spoon. He's a funny little guy.

You'll notice how in all of the previous pictures I'm holding his hands. That's because if you don't hold them down, he likes to take a bite and then shove his food the rest of the way in with his hands. (Sharon, that is my manicure from when were home. I told you it would last!)

Blaine's been squealing all day. I guess that's his latest trick.
The following pictures were taken last week. Mimi and Papa sent him this bucket hat from Swaha, and I put the hat on him right after I opened the package. He doesn't seem to mind having something on his head like some kids do. He just goes on about his business.


Todd made it home last night from his business trip to Pensacola, but he came home with a sore throat and head congestion. I'm hoping that it's just allergies, and Blaine and I don't end up with whatever it is.

No comments: