Thursday, August 14, 2008

Bed Time

Tonight as I was putting Blaine to bed, I was thinking about how much I love doing that. Bed time is probably my most favorite part of the day. At any other time during the day, he is likely to fight his sleep. He may or may not let me hold him close and just love him, but bed time is different. After he's had his bath, has been slathered in lotion, and has his Jammies on, he's ready to eat and go to sleep. He just lays against me while I rock him. He may not even fall asleep right away, but he just lets me hold him. It's during that time that I reflect on the day.

Tonight I was thinking about how blessed we are to have such a happy and healthy baby, how fortunate I am to be able to stay home with him so that I get to relish each new 'trick' he learns no matter how small. Today, he made his first lunge forward (instead of backwards), and yesterday he started squealing (LOUDLY). Sometimes it's hard not to just lump those things in with the rest of the day, but I try to make sure I never take those small moments for granted, that I never forget to be grateful that God has given me such a happy healthy baby and a husband who is willing to work so hard so that I can stay home with him. God truly has blessed us with so much, and for that I am very thankful.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

We are blessed. I don't think I had ever had true thankfulness until I had Parker and then added to that when I got to stay home. I love the age of sleepers. They are just the sweetest!