Monday, November 10, 2008

Exciting News!!

After two LONG months of anticipations, I am extremely excited to be able to share this news with you all!
WE'RE MOVING!!
Where, you may ask?
Todd has accepted a position as a Chemical Engineer for Domtar Industries in Ashdown, Arkansas. He plans to start mid December. We will be staying with our parents in Murfreesboro, Arkansas while we try to anticipate what's going to happen with the economy (more specifically, the housing market). We have had our house here on the market for a few months now, with very minimal activity. We ultimately plan to relocate to the Texarkana area!
I can't tell you all how excited we are to be moving HOME! We love our life, our Church, and our friends here in Florida, and we will miss them all tremendously. We have been so blessed to have such caring friends and a wonderful church family. But, we always knew the time would come when we would want to move closer to our family........That time is now!
I had always told Todd that once we had children I would want to move closer to home, but I never realized how much I would want that. Having Blaine has made me realize how much our family is missing out on with us being so far away. Over the past eight months as I have watched Blaine grow, learn, and change before my very eyes, it has been so exciting; however, it has also been a bit bitter sweet. Seeing him grow and change so quickly makes me realize just how much all of those who love him really are missing out on.
I am so excited we will be able to share our joy with them!
MANY hours of prayer were heard and have been answered!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

I am so excited. Now maybe we won't go six years between visits! I thought you were going to say you were pregnant but then I remembered the interview. Wow! There is nothing better than having grandparents near by...for your sake and theirs.

Alltel12fan said...

That is exciting!!! Maybe when you get back, we can get together sometime when I'm in visiting my fam. It has been forever since I've talked to you!!

Ellen said...

Hey Mandy!
Natalie told me about your blog awhile back and I have been periodically checkig up on you. Excited to hear that you guys are moving back to the Natural State! Texarkana is really growing and is a great place to live....as I'm sure you probably already know. Ashdown is a little stinky, so I think residing in Texarkana is smart on your part. ;) we should have a BSU Reunion sometime once you guys get settled back.

Natalie said...

Yes I will when I see her at preschool. I am not on her list either!